Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 2, 2012

close to my heart!!!



Reading is fun when the book is close to your heart, some books just so good that more you read more you like it, it happens to me all the time some novels and stories I just like to read over and over again. I personally love to read the novels of Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, when I was in school all the people used to say to me that the writing of Bankim Chandra is very hard, a different kind of Bengali not easy to enjoy, then it was obvious that I will read that as soon as possible but the language of his novels were surprisingly sweet and interesting, the description of a scene was just so perfect that any one could visualize the picture in front of them, I fell in love with the novel "Rajsingha" it was historical fiction and I loved it still do. Then my other favorite novel is "Kaler Mondira" by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay, the story of lost prince Chitrok who brought up by Hun invader soldier and Joshodhara the huna princes whose father captured the kingdom many years age from Chitrok's parents, its a diplomatic love story also a historical fiction, just great to read.



I wonder that the most of the Hollywood movies are made on the base of a novel or good stories, but Bengali contemporary Bengali movies just not something I would like to watch some of them are fine but most of them is kinda boring and dumb, but that is my opinion, but there was a time when Bengali movies were good with good stories with real emotions and songs with good lyrics deep lyrics not just words, its not like we don't have good literature, Bengal is a land of literature with lots of good writers still no intellectual movies generally produces here, its a shame really. I wonder if someone can make a movie based on the novels of Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay and Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay or novels of Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay, but with their essence not by remix or updating with stupid ideas, cause great writers need to be pure , they don't need modification.

Another writer close to my heart is Jack London, I just can't stop reading his writings, so strong, practical and like a spear straight to your mind, first I read his 'White Fang' and totally adored it, a story of a wild wolf slowly becoming a man's best friend like the story of evolution of man dog relationship in a much shorter stage, then just opposite the story of a tame dog Buck becoming a wild wolf pack leader through his struggle with the world 'Call of The Wild', and many short stories like them makes you feel for sometime after reading, like his writing very much. His writings often reflect the idea of survival of the fittest, if someone want to mark the world then must be strong and with lots of fighting spirit. 

I like to read a lot its like a gateway for me to connect with other minds, when I can't travel reading is the only thing that keeps me going, stories imagination is a important part of my life I like to think and see something with my mind and books taught me that, the great writers and their great words inspire everyone who reads them, some parts of me just like this because of those books I read once.




“I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.”--- Jack London


“A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.”---- Jack London



No comments:

Post a Comment